Procartoonists.org strives to represent the best of British cartooning talent. With this in mind, membership is restricted to full-time cartoonists based in the UK.
When applying, please submit a brief cartooning CV and attach a link to your website. If you don’t have a website, please submit examples of your work (five to ten low-resolution jpegs).
All applications are voted on by the committee. If your application is successful then information regarding uploading your cartoons and details to Procartoonists.org will be sent to you, along with a request for you to pay your annual subscription fee, which is currently £80 per year.
Here are the benefits of becoming a Procartoonists.org member
- High internet-visibility for a selection of your artwork via the portfolio pages on Procartoonists.org, which is a content-rich website that includes a regularly updated blog and is marketed via Google Ads. Your listing can include links to your personal site.
- Access to the members’ website forums, for help, advice and leads from fellow professional cartoonists.
- Monthly Procartoonists.org newsletters
- Automatic membership of FECO – the Federation of Cartoonists’ Organisations. This includes the FECONews magazine, and the bi-monthly FECO News Bulletin, which includes international competition and festival news. FECO membership means we can also offer you an accredited press card, which is valuable to any freelancer.
Applicants may find the following guidelines useful:
- Your work should contain a strong humour element, whether gag cartoon, caricature, comic illustration etc.
- Illustration that simply uses a “cartoon style”, will not necessarily qualify. The Procartoonists.org definition of full-time cartoonist is one who earns a significant proportion of his or her income from sales of cartoon work.